Alex Solomiany Esq.
Alex Solomiany, Esq.
Alex Solomiany is Board Certified as an expert in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Florida Supreme Court. Board certification recognizes Mr. Solomiany's special knowledge, skills and proficiency in the area of Immigration and Nationality Law. Less than 0.1% of attorneys in the State of Florida are Board Certified in Immigration Law. Since he handles all areas of immigration law, Mr. Solomiany has the knowledge to select the most appropriate strategy to meet your goals.
Alex Solomiany has over 25 years of experience handling complex immigration cases. He has appeared before every immigration law judge in the Miami and Orlando immigration courts and has appeared in immigration courts throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. He also handles immigration appeals before the Board of Immigration Appeals and U.S. federal courts, and has represented clients before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) throughout the United States.
Before becoming a specialist in immigration law, Mr. Solomiany was a criminal defense attorney. This valuable experience and his expert knowledge of immigration law, allows him to serve as a consultant to criminal defense attorneys to help them strategize possible ways to resolve criminal charges for noncitizens in order to avoid immigration consequences.
Mr. Solomiany was born in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and attended Tulane University School of Law in New Orleans. He has appeared on television, radio and in print articles discussing immigration law issues. He has also lectured on Immigration and Nationality Law at numerous seminars throughout the United States. Mr. Solomiany is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and has served on the Florida Bar Board Certification Committee, most recently as the Chair of the Committee.
Mr. Solomiany is driven and determined to achieve positive results for his clients. He is goal-oriented, not only in his professional life, but also in his personal life which he enjoys with his wife and children. He does not give up. He will go with you to the finish line.
Areas Of Practice
- Immigration and Nationality Law
- Criminal Defense
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Immigration and Nationality Lawyer , Florida Bar Bd of Legal Specialization, 2001
- Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2009
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1995
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 1992
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Representing the Detained Alien, Bond and Other Options, 27th Annual Immigration Law Update, 2006
- Aggravated Felonies, 26th Annual Immigration Law Update, 2005
- Immigration Consequences of a Federal Conviction. Advanced Federal Criminal Practice Course, January 19, 2006
- 26th Annual Immigration Law Update, Florida Bar, 2005 to 2005
- Advanced Federal Criminal Practice, Florida Bar Criminal Law Section, 2006 to 2006
- 27th Annual Immigration Law Update, Florida Bar, 02/09/2006 to 02/10/2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 1996
- Board Certified Immigration and Nationality Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Member, 2001
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Scott B. Saul, Attorney, 1992 to 1998
Pro Bono Activities
- Put Something Back Pro Bono Project, 2008
- AILA Pro Bono Project, 2006